· Last week was the official end to the first trimester of school. Trimester 1 Progress Reports will go home with red totes next Wednesday, December 11th.
· To prepare for a new trimester, students have been invited to apply for a new classroom job. They are excited to receive checks for their first trimester jobs.
· In Language Arts workshop we focused on adjectives, both in writing and reading. We searched for adjectives in our book club books to notice how they make the writing rich and detailed. Student listened for adjectives in our read aloud book. We played games involving adjectives at morning meeting. After all this work, students were tasked to include 5 new and interesting adjectives in their Travel Journals. Some of my favorites were scintillating, exhilarating, and scorching.
· During Math Workshop, students worked on using patterns and function machines to make ordered pairs. Many students were excited at the idea of solving equations and are actually looking forward to taking Algebra someday! We have now moved on to finding factors of numbers.
· In our See the USA Project this week, students began researching points of interest around the country. Students are researching a variety of places from Disneyland to Chimney Rock National Historic Site and everywhere in between.