Friday, October 17, 2014

Conference Weeks

Conference Weeks

I feel slightly out of touch with folks because of the lack of Friday Reports during these last few weeks of Conferences, so I thought I'd put up a few photos so you could catch at least a glimpse of our work.  I enjoyed meeting with parents and students to review progress to date and set goals for students. As promised, please expect to see student goals appear on the back of Weekly Reflections in the upcoming weeks, so that students may monitor progress toward goals. I look forward to seeing these goals achieved! 









           


State Posters 

Students practice reading comprehension and deductive reasoning skills by playing Headbands with characters, settings, objects, and things people say from the book Loser.


 

 

Students work on a variety of Language Arts Workshop Tasks, including publishing Travel Essays, a comprehension book report, and reading. The last photo is a wall showing the steps we took to pre-write, draft, revise, and edit our Travel Essays.


























 

 Isaiah and Silvio examine State Posters for clues for the State Scavenger Hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I live in Cape Elizabeth with my husband, two daughters, and our cat Nessie. Our family loves to spend time outdoors together, camping, hiking, and gardening. Another past time of mine is triathlons. I have completed nine triathlons, including one Half Ironman. I loved swimming, biking, and running 70.3 miles! You might also find me cozied up with a good book in my free time. I have been teaching for 10 years in a variety of grade levels. Fifth grade is my favorite! The kids are capable of so much! I can't say I have a favorite subject to teach, but love getting students to think deeply. I enjoy getting kids to think critically and be creative in all subject areas. I often use simulations and project based learning to do this. Teambuilding and working on social skills in another major goal of mine. Teaching kids to work effectively together and use good communication skills will help prepare them for life after school.